When you’re running an outbound call center, your dialer can make all the difference in how smoothly daily operations go. For older or smaller centers, your dialer may be as simple as the hands of your employees. However, larger and more modern centers rely heavily on automatic dialers - and choosing the right one can be difficult.
If you are in the market for an upgraded outbound dialer or simply want to introduce automatic dialing to your facility for the first time, it pays to know what you’re looking for. Here, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular qualities contact centers look for in an upgraded outbound dialer. With these in hand, you can make an educated decision about the technology that will drive your business forward into a more successful future!
First - Is Automatic Dialing Even Legal?
There are often concerns about the legality of automated dialers. This is due to the TCPA - the Telephone Consumer Protection Act - which mandates that all telephone marketing follow strict rules. However, today’s outbound dialers are well within the legal regulations for outbound calling. There’s no reason to be concern about whether these programs will get you in legal trouble. All you need to worry about is choosing the right dialer for your needs.
Benefits of Dialing Automation
So, why should you be on the lookout for an outbound dialer? Because these programs can bring big benefits to your business!
Consider this: every call your agents make takes time. The dialing process is the first phase of that call, and each time your employees dial a number, it takes seconds of precious time out of their day. Do second really matter? Maybe not in the moment; what’s a few beats of time, anyway? But they quickly add up to lost minutes - even hours - and soon, your agents are losing out on major opportunities for productivity.
Instead of mourning what might have been, make a difference starting today. Employ and upgraded outbound dialer and save those valuable seconds for your agents to use for more important tasks.
How to Choose an Upgraded Outbound Dialer
First, understand that there are several types of outbound dialers. The three most common types of automatic dialers are:
- Predictive dialers - The simplest type of automatic dialer, a predictive dialer simply takes a list of contacts and dials the numbers one right after the next, connecting agents to answered calls. Using a simple algorithm, it can speed up and slow down the rate at which calls are made. This reduces abandonment rate and increases talk time, both positive qualities that make it a good choice for those just starting out with automatic dialers.
- Progressive dialers - Progressive dialers are a smarter version of the predictive dialer. They dial numbers from a designated list only when an agent is available to talk. This means that agents don’t have to worry about ending their calls early or rushing through them to meet their goals. They can forge real connections with consumers and enjoy more productive sales calls.
- Preview dialers - The most elaborate of all automatic dialers, preview dialers offer features that make it an obvious choice for companies in which informed dialing is a priority. These dialers offer a preview of information to agents so that they can make decisions about whether they want to connect with prospects. They also help prepare agents to have better conversations with those contacts, leading to more sales.
Of those three primary types, which best suits your business’s needs? This is a question that will require more analysis of your company’s culture and daily operations to answer.
- Who comprises your customer base? Knowing who you are marketing to can help you choose your dialer. If you need to make many connections fast, you may choose a different dialer than if you need to ensure the quality of those connections. It’s all in who you’re trying to reach - and how much they value genuine connection with your agents.
- How big is your business? The size of your business is also a major factor in choosing an automatic dialer. Larger businesses may have a bigger need for a more powerful dialer. Smaller businesses may be able to get by with less power and fewer features. Inversely, a big business may be able to utilize a predictive dialer, since they may not need an excessive amount of information about each contact. Examine your needs and the size of your company to determine what you’re really looking for in a dialer.
- What kind of budget are you working with? This is a very important factor. Dialers come at different price points; the more power and more features they boast, the higher their price tag will be. While you may only have to pay for the cost upfront one time, this can still be a very large investment - one that can overwhelm your business’s budget, if you make the wrong choice. Look for a dialer you can afford, above all else.
- What features do you truly need? It is easy to fall victim to the desire for the “latest and greatest” of all forms of technology. If there is a dialer with every imaginable feature on the market, shouldn’t that be the one your company wants? The prudent answer is no; not every dialer is fit for every business size, budget, and need. The best decision when choosing a dialer is finding one that balances all of these and provides you with the features your company can truly use, without unnecessary bells and whistles.
Ready to take on the future with an upgraded outbound dialer? Contact the industry experts at ChaseData. We have the software solutions to help you make dialing an easier process for your agents, so you can realize more sales success! Don’t settle for less. Give us a call today to learn more!